
So..as most of you know I am going to Alaska this summer with a group of girls to run a camp just like Camp La Vida only in Alaska!! I could not be happier!!! I am truly excited about where the Lord is leading!!
So...here's the story! When I called Cindy (the lady who runs La Vida here) to tell her that I was not going to be able to come back to camp this summer because I did not feel like that was what the Lord wanted me to do and I was not going to be able to give 110% like I would want to. Cindy was very nice and understanding! But...she did say "Joya, would you consider doing some short term missions stuff?" well...I thought this meant coming to camp for a week to help out. Well...little did I know she wanted me to go to Alaska. So...I told her "Yes, for sure!" She then said...."I would love for you to go to Alaska" I said, "Where?!?" She said, "Yes, I said Alaska!" I kinda of laughed out loud! I told her I would pray about it and consider it but in the back of my mind I was already shutting the door. Well, this was on a Thursday night when I talked to her. Althrough the weekend, I was talking about Alaska with a friend but was still really unsure about money and whether I was supposed to go. By then I was getting a little excited but was still not sure. Well....Monday night I was at Bible Study with some ladies from my church. Which btw....THEY ROCK!!! I LOVE THEM!!! (just a little side note ;) ) Well...lets just say that I had not read the chapter for that week...and almost didn't go because of it but decided that I really needed that time. So....as we started going through the chapter the Lord really started to speak to my heart. The chapter was about going for the opportunties that the Lord puts in front of you. WOW!! I mean what an opportunity the Lord had given me to go to Alaska! So...the whole time I'm sitting there hearing the Lord speaking to my heart but trying to block it out. I even asked the girls to pray for me about the decision even though I knew that was what I was supposed to do. Well needless to say....after we left I called my mom! You know a girl has to call the Mom before she can make decision! haha!! When I called her I said, "So Mom...what would you say if I told you that I had the opportunity to go to Alaska this summer and serve at a camp for a week just like La Vida?!" She said without hesitation "GO!!" That was it! I knew I was going! I made the decision to jump both feet in to Alaska...no turning back...in faith that the Lord would provide the money. I was also very nervous about not knowing anyone but had a friend who was VERY interested in going just had to get the ok!
So now....I am going, Britnie is going, and hopefully some other fun and amazing girls!!! I am SO SO SO excited to get to spend time with each of these girls serving the Lord in ALASKA!!!! We are looking at plane tickets and trying to make the best decision on the ones to buy and all that jazz!! I will most definitely keep you updated! PLEASE pray for us as we go and for the girls we will minister to! God is SO good!! I can't wait to see what He does there!!! I know it will be a once in a lifetime experience!!!
So I was writing Happy Birthday to you on Facebook and saw that you have a blog. I am just starting to get into the blog world and always wonder who has one. On to the story. I pray that you will continue seeking what God has for you as you go to Alaska. I know you all will do a mighty work for the Lord while there. Have Fun!
ReplyDelete